Friday 1 February 2019

Grey: more or less

I bumped into the father of Blonde Tickler a few days ago and he asked me if I had done something to my hair. He said I looked less grey on the temples. I told him no, that my last haircute was a bit more than a month ago and that there was no product whatsoever on my hair. I added "If anything, being a father of a young boy, I am greyer than I was before." He laughed and he agreed. (Although I must add that even if he barely younger than me and the father of a teenage girl who is also a tomboy, he is not greying at all.) I then said, as if to give myself some kind of solace: "But I don't mind if my temples are greying, at least I still have plenty of hair." He laughed and agreed again. I think both lines deserve to be great unknown lines. I do like my grey temple, it may remind me of my own mortality, but also of the life I have. And I am really happy I have so far escaped baldness.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Baldness and greyness are both usually hereditary. How's your father's hair? That's what you've got to look forward to.