Monday 25 February 2019

Schizophrenic weather

People here have been very happy: the weather has been extremely kind these last few days. This weekend, I only wore a light coat when I went downtown and to be honest, I did not need a coat at all. Then today the temperatures where approaching 20 in some parts of the UK. But this was only part of the picture. When I woke up this morning, it was still freezing, with temperatures barely above zero. I thus had to wear my winter coat. It is only later during the day that it became unusually and ridiculously hot. People say Spring is here already, but they forget that the weather changes drastically during this season. In other words, it is not because Spring is at the door that Summer is on its way. The weather these days is just schizophrenic and to be honest, I find it utterly unpleasant.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

same here. we are below freezing right now and will be 60 degrees this weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The polar vortex is running around again. We're back in the deep freeze for the next week.