Tuesday 31 December 2013

Wasail, wassail!

Wassail! Wassail all over the town!
Our toast it is white and our ale it is brown;
Our bowl it is made of the white maple tree;
With the wassailing-bowl, we'll drink to thee!


The Christmas season is about to end. Officially, it would end at Epiphany, but really, who really celebrates after the New Year nowadays? I was wondering how to celebrate the last day, while the spirit of Christmastime is already pretty much over. I have uploaded before the Gloucestershire Wassail, and I thought it suits the New Year as much as Christmas celebration. While I don't think I will drink a proper wassail, which is some specific kind of mulled cider, and may not have even mulled wine tonight, I already drank two pints of ale, and it was indeed a brown ale. In the end, what matters is not the drink, but that you drink to people's health. So as I drink to yours, I invite you to drink to mine listening to this song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that was lovely, happy new year!