Wednesday 11 December 2013

Foggy days and nights

I long for snow, I wish there was some, but so far no snow has fallen on this part of England. That said, I was lucky in other ways, as since yesterday, but especially today, the fog has fallen over this bit of land like a thick pea soup. And I love a foggy day. I barely read on the train today because I spent time looking outside, everything is so beautiful and eerie. I took this picture of the pub by the train station tonight. Not a very good one (compared to, say, this one), but it gives a good idea of the thickness of it. Walking through the fog today and tonight, in the cool English winter air was really enjoyable. I had to be careful though, especially at rush hour, as one could barely see two meters away in some places and I was wearing a black coat. But what a beautiful sight. There are not many places as beautiful as this town on a foggy day. Or a foggy night.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i just love fog so much! i could live somewhere that has fog all the time and be very very happy. you might not have snow but in some ways fog is even better. and you don't have to shovel it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Foggy streets always make me think of Sherlock Holmes. I think I watched too many of those old Basil Rathbone movies. Always foggy in them. Always.

Mary Ann said...

It IS beautiful, isn't it?

Cynthia said...

Très joli mais c'est la raison pourquoi j'évite aéroport de Heatrow à tout prix!