Friday 20 December 2013

Fairrytale of New York

I first heard this song by The Pogues here in England. I first really started listening to it and paid attention to the lyrics recently. And I fell in love with it. I usually prefer old Christmas carols and think fairly little of new songs. But this one is brilliant, it is grim and bitter like Christmas can be sometimes, it is not preachy one bit like too many Christmas songs are. Yet, it remains festive, in spite of the bitterness and the disappointments life brings us. So I am uploading it on Vraie Fiction. Enjoy.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i must pass this on to my son! brilliant! thanks so much!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have always loved this song. There is not a drop of bullshit in it.

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-My pleasure. Did you know it?
@Debra-It is very truthful.