Monday 30 January 2012

Sandwich treats from Montreal

It's not because I am home that I stop having my sandwich treats. In fact, no matter how I like the sandwich shop close to work, there is nothing I love more than the wraps I buy here at Folie en Vrac (sorry I couldn't find anything in English). It is a fancy food shop , with strong Mediterranean/North African influcences. They sell olives, dry fruits, nuts, pasta, biological crisps, olive oil, baklavas, what have you. And they also have a sandwich bar, or whatever you call it, where they serve wraps. Today and eysterday, I had a wrap for lunch: végé pâté, with spinach sauce and tzatziki sauce (yesterday) and spinach sauce and some kind of yogurt sauce (today). Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green olives, a drizzle of olive oil, some herbs and spices (curry and coriander I think).And a San Pellegrino to drink (aranciatta rossa). Quite a feast.

4 comments:

tao.owl said...

The wraps sound so delicious and I love tzatziki sauce. I really miss Montreal.

PJ said...

Ta femme est de l'autre bord de l'Atlantique, mets plus de viande dans ton régime pendant que tu peux! On n'est pas cruel avec comme en Angleterre.

Anonymous said...

You are a food sadist:-) those descriptions are torturous. Much drooling and stomach rumbling has resulted from reading this. Yum!

BlogLoveTherapy said...

this makes me hungry! I love the yogurt sauce with the little mints. I think thats what it is, not exactly sure. Now I am craving for a gyro.