Saturday 7 January 2012

I have an Italian name

I was thinking about it when I heard the local radio making a massacre of my name after the radio play: I actually have an Italian name. Maybe I should have it as my artist's name. It was given by my Italian friends from my first yeat at uni here, as they couldn't pronounce my name either, not my first or my second.

My Italian name is Guglielmo Bergamo. Guglielmo because it is the Italian version of Guillaume, Bergamo because of the town. It is where one of my closest friends come from, it is the Italian place I know best (albeit I went there after I received its name), it also has a nice ring to it, so it is fitting. I love it anyway, although I seldom used it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely name and reminds me of the name of a cheese of
some sort or another
:-)