Tuesday 10 January 2012

(Don't Fear) The Reaper

I know close to nothing about Blue Oyster Cult, apart from their name and this hilarious parody from Saturday Night Life (watch it here). This is where I noticed (Don't Fear) the Reaper, discovering later on that it was also in Halloween, when Laurie and Annie are driving to their babysitting places, smoking pot and being tailed by Michael Myers. Ominous. Anyway, my mind is blank tonight, but from this song in my head, so I decided to upload it here. It might not be very cheerful, but one cannot be every day: it's Tuesday of a grey January month, after all. It would work well for a Halloween song, obviously, but it also fits the time here. And I love good old rock, songs that last more than two minutes and changes of beat. If you find it too depressing so early in the week, watch the SNL sketch.

5 comments:

tao.owl said...

I love this song, it's a classic. I grew up on old rocks songs, my father would play music on cleaning days so loud that the walls would vibrate and could be heard down the street. All of the neighborhood kids would know that it was a jam fest in our household during the weekends and would pop by to join in. The snl skit is great, more cowbell!

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

Très bonne toune, une toune de char tant qu'à moi. Tiens une de mes préférées dans cette catégorie, tu es sur la côte est de la Nouvelle-Angleterre, le vent est chaud puis tu entends Long cool Woman, The Hollies.

PJ said...

La version originale manque bel et bien de cloche à vache!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hello Hello my friend! I have managed to claw myself free from the tinsel laden trappings of the holiday season...ugh! And I have FINALLY had the time to pay a visit to blog land. Glad to see that you are still here where I left you! I am mindfully appreciative of those 'constants' in life!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and wish you a Happy New Year. I love the song actually, so it's perfect listening music while I type on this gray dreary rainy day in FL. Hope you and yours had great holiday season! :o)
~ W