Wednesday 31 March 2021

A Tale of Two Wakefields

Here is a little bit of news which made my day yesterday. If you are feeling low because of the pandemic, or for any othe reason, this should cheer you up. Or it should put you in a good mood. So anyway, and Englishwoman from Wakefield, West Yorkshire became by mistake a member of a Facebook group for Wakefield, Quebec. And she actually created a bond with the people there and a true friendship was established. That is very sweet and shows you that social media can sometimes be a force for good. I am always happy to read about stories of friendship between my people and the people of my country of adoption. And on a side note, proof that I have been an expat for a long time: I knew of the Wakefield from Yorkshire but had forgotten that we had one in Quebec.

No comments: