Wednesday 17 March 2021

St Paddy's Day

Well, it is that day int he year again and I must start this post by a word: happy Saint-Patrick's Day everyone, to all my readers but especially my Irish readers (if there are any). Today I will drink Guinness, even though it is a weekday (I generally don't drink alcohol on a working day, it shows how much of a special occasion this is) and I will listen to a lot of Irish music. I might share some here. No visit at the pub, for obvious reasons (and we do not have a local Irish pub anymore anyway, sadly). I don't pretend to be Irish and I am not a Plastic Paddy, but I do know that some of my ancestors were Ulster Scots and my wife has some Irish blood, so I do have some connection to Ireland. I would like to think it makes my enjoyment of that celebration at least somewhat legit.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Drink up!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's good to drink a bit of the black today! happy st. pat's day!