Saturday 27 March 2021

I want a tank

Well, I mean a toy tank. And it would be for my birthday. I guess someone could think I am going through a midlife crisis, maybe it is the case, I don't know. But as my birthday is coming soon and my wife asked for present suggestions, it struck me that I'd like to have some presents that I could share with Wolfie. I am lucky enough to be able to live through a second childhood thanks to my boy, might as well make the most of it. There is a more selfish reason for this: when I was a kid, my best friend had a toy tank with soldiers and I always envied him. It was nothing fancy: one tank that had one side "open" where you could put small plastic toys. Don't know why I thought this was uber cool. I did not find the exact model on Amazon, but I found this tank which looks pretty neat and it's quite cheap. The soldiers remind me of the ones we used to have as kids. When I told that to my father, he was a bit shocked, thinking it was a tad barbaric and violent, but he grew up playing cowboys and Indians and cops and robbers and what have you, so he can't talk. Beside, I think war games are kind of cathartic. Anyway, Wolfie really likes the green tank because it is his favourite colour and he is curious about the technology (he is everthe engineer). And I like it because nostalgia. So the tank is on the list.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope when the day comes you can say "Tanks for the tank." Hey, my very own calembour atroce!