Tuesday 2 March 2021

Feeling like Figaro

Two days ago, we finally gave a haircut to Wolfie, the first in a year, since the first lockdown. It was long overdue. Before last Sunday, he always had haircuts from professional hairdressers and convincing him to get through the whole process was quite an ordeal. Now, it was his dad. Better still: even though he had refused to receive a haircut since lockdown, he wanted and asked for it. I guess he was fed up of looking like a hippie and having to move the hair from his face. Surprisingly, I did a pretty good job of it. it made me feel like Figaro, from The Barber of Seville, by Rossini. In any case, I had this very aria in mind the whole time, which I never managed to master when I studied classical singing:

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Show Wolfie the opera-spoof cartoon of Bugs Bunny giving Elmer Fudd a haircut! I didn't know you studied classical singing -- interesting!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

that's funny because i am about to give the blog tech a hair cut. a few years difference in age between our kids!