Saturday 6 March 2021

Ancient board games

I found this picture on the Facebook page of the British Museum. It is part of this blog post, to be precise. It represents a lion and a gazelle playing maybe the most ancient board games in the world, senet. I found this article fascinating, because it shows how much playing has been suchan important part of civilised life, and also because it reminds me how much I have been missing playing board  games. In fact, after the pandemic, it is something I have been promising myself to do again: discover and rediscover board games,old and new. In the meantime, I intend to blog abot them more regularly, as a recurring topic.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And teaching Wolfie to play board games will teach him valuable life skills too, like patience, taking turns, good sportsmanship, etc.