Monday 15 March 2021

Black Velvet

So it is Saint Paddy's Day very soon, so I bought some Guinness for the 17th. But in the meantime, I thought I would try something new, at least new to me, and see if I liked it. I don't know if you have ever heard of the Black Velvet. It is a cocktail made of campagne (or another fizzy wine) and Guinness. A very improbable mix, come to think of it. But I have been curious about ot since I have known of its existence, so I bought some Prosecco and yesterday mixed it with a Guinness. I am not sure if I had the right proportions, so I did a 50/50 ratio. It does taste unusual, like a sparkling Guinness, if that makes sense. But it does taste nice. That said, for Saint Paddy's, I will stick to the iconic stout.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bet it would taste good!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

for years i mixed sparkling wine with beer and people called me crazy and uncouth! i liked it.