Tuesday 5 January 2021

White Cake

Shortly before new year, I saw that I had to find a way to use some eggs and milk and, since I had plenty of sugar and juust enough flour, I decided to bake a cake with Wolfie. I asked him to choose the cake and he said a white one, not a chocolate one. I was actually surprised, but hey, maybe he thought it would be fitting for January, or winter, or both. So anyway, I used the original recipe of my maternal grandmother for chocolate cake, without the cocoa and with added vanilla for the icing and the cake itself and this is the result. It does not look good, in fact it was another catastrophy cake. But it tasted really nice. Maybe because Wolfie is generous with the sugar, maybe because I added a lot of butter to the icing. In any case, it tasted much better than Wolfie's birthday cake, which looked great, but made me feel sick.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my brother always said that my dad's cooking looked like garbage but tasted great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks aren't everything!

Nellie said...

What an excellent idea! It’s the taste that matters most!

PJ said...

Tu sais qu'on a une recette de gâteau pas au chocolat de notre grand-mère maternelle et une de notre grand-mère paternelle?