Sunday 24 January 2021

Looking for a Masterpiece

I don't know why, maybe because I am terribly nostalgic, but sometimes I think of things I did not quite experience when I was a child and wished I did. This is the case of Masterpiece, a board game by Parker Brothers which my maternal grandmother had among the many board games stacked in her basement. It was that old box which you see there. We never played it, but I have always wanted to. I'm not sure why, maybe because an auction room seemed to be an exciting setting. We once actually sat down and our uncle read us the rules, but for some reason we were interrupted and we didn't even start playing. I have always been into board games and I hope once the pandemic is over we can play some again with our friends, although it will be hard with Wolfie being just old enough to stay active, but too young for that kind of board game. All the same, I think I will try to find a copy of Masterpiece, or give it as a gift suggestion for my birthday.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I remember this game too, but have never played it either.

Josée (Shandara) said...

J'avais ce jeu et on y a joué des heures avec mon frère. J'ai fait pareil avec Jour de paye, la version année 70... je l'ai retrouvé sur Ebay Canada et me la suis achetée! Un p'tit coup de nostalgie :)