Saturday 16 January 2021

New White Cake

Okay, so I am blogging a lot about food these days, but in lockdown, baking has become an important part of this family's life, especially since there is a littl' chef who is eager for his daddy to bake. Anyway, since my last white cake, I had promised Wolfie that I would bake another one this week. Apparently, I am now the official family baker since, as Wolfie explained to his grand-maman: "Mummy is not good at making cakes." As cruel and unfounded as this sounds, it is a new Wolfism he's been repeating a lot these days. Anyway, back to this cake: although he is only four, my son has a very good memory and he kept reminding me about my promise, so yesterday afternoon I baked this one. A different recipe, a bigger cake too, with not much icing because I was short on icing sugar (oops!) and I added the chocolate chunks because I had some and why the heck not. I have to say, I really tried his patience near the end, when I was adding the last touch, and just for this I think he reallt earned his piece of cake.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He'll want a cake every week now!

Gwen Buchanan said...

super cute.. new chef on the way!