Wednesday 13 January 2021

Books In Movies

I was recently checking the Facebook page of Penguin Books (page which I discovered a couple of weeks ago) and found this article about the books hidden in the background (or foreground) of movies and TV series. I thought this was a fascinating bit of trivia, and a fun exercise to do when one watches a movie, particularly a movie one loves and watched a hundred times before: to identify books on the shelves or the hands of characters. It's just a bit of fun that makes you appreciate the film in a new perspective. Of course, one must wonder if the rpesence of a specific title is purely coincidental, or if it has a deeper meaning. Something in the examples given in the article struck me: sometimes I much prefer the book featured than the actual movie it is featured in. I can name a few, if I think hard enough, but there is always one particular film which comes to my mind automatically. See this post for more details. And you, do you remember any book feature in movies or TV shows you like?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Interesting! I'll have to ponder this. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.