Monday 4 January 2021

New year, same office

 Today the holidays are over, new year is already not so new and I am back at work, which means that every morning I wake up, get dressed and go to my office... in the other room. I am working from home and should be until the end of my contract with the company I work for. Shortly before the holidays, I learned that it had been extended for a month, so I will work until the end of February, then we will see. It may be extended again, or become permanent, it may not. In these uncertain times, that I have even some job security is positive enough. And I hated my previous job, so much so that I was relieved when I was made redundant. So two months working from home, with plenty of time to look for something if worst comes to worst (and it may not) is exactly what I need.

3 comments:

Sue Bursztynski said...

I hope you find yourself with a new job you enjoy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May everything work out to your benefit, Guillaume!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

you are so lucky to still have a job. so many don't. i hope it continues for you.