Sunday 10 January 2021

Cate Blanchett versus the bats

This is a bit of trivial news I am reporting now, but it caught my attention and it has some interesting elements to ponder on. So Cate Blanchett, my favourite actress, has been unable to do some home extension because of bats. Basically, she has an abandoned cottage on the grounds where her Sussex home is and she had wanted to bulldoze it and have a small office garden built there, but a protected species of bats have decided to squat in the abandoned building. I don't know how the problem can be solved, but I have two observations to make about this: 1)It is funny how bats seem to be the cause of many troubles these days, big and small. And I do love bats. 2)I think I should visist Sussex, you never know who I might bump into.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bet that's just driving her batty!

Sue Bursztynski said...

I didn’t know Cate Blanchett was living in England! I thought she was in Sydney. Agreed, she is a fine actress indeed! But bats? Very strange!