Saturday 23 January 2021

Collecting mugs unconsciously

I was chatting with my cousin Amy recently and she told me that she was collecting mugs, things she buys in thrift shops and other places. She sent me a picture of some of the mugs she bought, including this one. I sent her pics of some of the mugs we've had here, because since I have been living in a nation of tea drinkers for the last twenty years or so (on and off), I have found a few interesting ones of my own. My wife, who thinks our cupboards are way too full with mugs of various sorts made that remark: "We have been collecting mugs since we've been together, but only accidentally, we don't need to turn it into a hobby." Which is very true and it deserves to be a new great unknown line. And a note to end this post: this nice blue rustic ceramic mug was a birthday present from my parents-in-law, bought from a local artisan when they lived in Brittany. They gave us two of them. My wife wished they hadn't.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, mugs are like coat hangers. They seemingly multiply all by themselves. One must be ruthless in culling them periodically!