Monday 8 April 2019

2,000 words

My next creative writing workshop is this Saturday and I thought I would quickly blog about some updates regarding it. I was asked as homework to produce a synopsis of the novel I have been asked to work on (what did I get myself into). This is mostly done: the plot is set in its broad lines, the characters are all there, the setting is still Montreal, organized crime will play a large part in the story, etc. Now I was told in a recent email from the writer organizing it that people are expected to bring about 2,000 words of work. Thankfully, this is counting the synopsis, if one is working on a story, which is my case. 2,000 words of prose, within a week, it is feasible, back at uni I used to write that much within an evening sometimes, but as a father with a day job and family obligations, this is not so easy. Thankfully, the synopsis itself is a little more than 1,000 words (1,200 words) and the 2,000 is the absolute maximum. I have already more than enough to share on Saturday. But I will try to write a bit of prose to go with it, to flex my muscles so to speak.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's some exciting news ! I hope we'll get to read you one day.