Saturday 20 April 2019

My birthday on Easter

Tomorrow as you know is Easter. It is also my birthday. This will be the first time in my lifetime when Easter will fall on my birthday. I might be wrong, but from memory it will be the first time. That said, that Easter comes around the time of my birthday is nothing new. In fact, I remember that my parents often celebrated my birthday on Easter Sunday. As a child, I confused both days, sometimes thinking that I was born on Easter. So I have a few memories of mixing both days into one celebration: Easter related birthday presents, religiously themed birthday presents (I was once a devout Catholic child), birthday cakes that have the shape of giant eggs or rabbits, etc. I will try to blog about some of these memories in the future. What strikes me is that I don't remember feeling short changed: I enjoyed this kind of birthday, it made me feel special.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday! Bonne Fete! I hope the day is extra-special for you!

PJ said...

Effectivement, la dernière fois où Pâques est tombée un 21 avril, c'était en 1957, mais la prochaine fois c'est en 2030. Il y a des sous-cycles de 11 ans suivis de disettes, si on peut nommer cela ainsi.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

happy birthday! my birthday is tuesday so i associate easter with my birthday too.

Josée (Shandara) said...

Bonne fête en retard! Il me semble qu'avoir sa fête à Pâques doit être mieux qu'à Noël... avec tout ce chocolat :-)