Sunday 14 April 2019

Stocking hot cross buns

Today is Palm Sunday, which means Easter is in a week. We have therefore started stocking for Easter. Among other things, the traditional and quintessentially British hot cross buns. I bought them at Marks & Spencer, partially because nothing is more British than M&S, partially because from experience, they are the best. Also, they had have a wide variety of hot cross buns and since there was a special Easter offer on them... Well, I bought four packs: luxury (traditional), Kentish bramley apples, blueberry and golden hot cross buns. Not the salted caramel and chocolate ones, or the mini chocolate hot cross buns. But that may come later. Like the lady at the till said: "better make the best of something on offer, and they can be frozen anyway." So far, I think the apple ones are my favourite. But all of them are good and perfect for breakfast this week.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Any flavour other than traditional is NOT a hot cross bun, in my opinion. On this issue, I am a far-right conservative.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

this is new to me. i didn't even know they made varieties of them.