Tuesday 30 April 2019

Walpurgisnacht

Tonight is Walpurgis Night, the night between April and May, but also a night of devilry, when ghosts, familiar spirits, demons and witches gather for a sabbath. It is one of the most important ones in the year. It is also for the spooky minded person like me, a reminder that Halloween is only half a year away. In fact, you could say that Walpurgistnacht is a sort of mini or crypto Halloween. Time to read some scary stories, or think of stories to write about this night. And to celebrate the day on this blog, I decided to share another picture of the Village Hall's Witch. I wonder if they are having a gathering there, for Walpurgis Night.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love that sign! walpurgis is to halloween sort of like people that celebrate xmas in july!

Lady M said...

Fun - I never know about walpurgis. No wonder I felt the urge to blog today! That is a great sign.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm revving up my broom already for tonight's Midnight Ride. I expect to see both Joyce and Lady M there! We can drag race!