Wednesday 10 April 2019

Uncle "Man"

As I mentioned yesterday, we recently met the in-laws in a woodland owned by the National Trust. Wolfie had a chance to meet again and properly bond for the first time with his uncle on my wife's side (so my wife's brother). The uncle adores my son, partially I think because as he only had a daughter, he feels that he can share a lot with this little man who reminds him of himself a bit. Wolfie was unable to say his name, so he called him "Man". Uncle "Man," who once was a boy scout, taught him a few things about woodlands, what a stomp is, what a trunk is, what a root is. So during our whole walk in the woods, Wolfie stopped every few step shouting: "Oh, look Man! A root!" For about an hour. It never got old for him. I am surprised how quickly he got comfortable with my brother-in-law, as he had only met him a few times, when he was very young. It was very touching.

No comments: