Sunday 21 April 2019

My first Action Man

Well, I was hoping for it, but I was not expecting it so early: today, I received as a birthday gift my first ever Action Man. Not just any Action Man: he is a brand new one, still in his packaging. He is the Action Soldier and comes with his uniform, beret, tag and... scar. Of course, he needs that scar. A present from my wife, but I suspect it is also for little Wolfie, when he will be three years old (as it is not recommended before) and when he will be interested about something else than cars, trucks and other means of transport. Anyway, apparently I am not the only person who is fond of this old British icon: there is a whole business built on nostalgia, which is why this one is brand new: they are making more. This Action Man is the first in a collection of many, at least I hope so. For me, but also and especially for Wolfie.

2 comments:

Veggie Carrie said...

Even though Wolfie cried big tears when you opened it, as it was not a truck!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a great gift! Perfect for you!