Saturday 27 April 2019

My good deed for the day

Today was a far quieter day than planned: we spent a lot of time at home. But, as both Wolfie and us need time outside, we went to the nearest playground so he could spend some energy. As it was a cool and windy day and late in the afternoon when we decided to get there, it was empty. Except at two moments: first when some young teenagers came back for less than five minutes, then when a group of three children, aged around eight year old, two girls and one boy, came by. We did not interact with them at first, Wolfie was a bit wary after the visit of the teenagers, but they seemed nice enough. One of the girls, the tallest and oldest of the three, climbed on the swing next to our son and stood up there, which quite impressed him. Then they went their way while we remained in the playground. They stopped by a three on the other side of the narrow street, my wife noticed that the multicolored sparkling bag/purse of the eldest girl was stuck in the branches of a tree and they could not reach. Don't ask me how they managed to get it there and why they thought it was a good idea, but I guess that's what kids do. The eldest remained by the tree, while the other two crossed the street and the youngest girl, a brunette with round glasses who looked sweet and shy, asked me if I could help them take the purse off the tree. Which I managed to do, using a stick. So they left thanking me. So that was my good deed of the day. I hope that, if we see them again (which we should), they will interact a bit more with us and befriend with Wolfie.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Always nice to be a hero!