Sunday 14 December 2014

Cream tea for brekafast

This was the first breakfast we had, my wife and I, during our time in Devon. Basically, we kept the scones, clotthed cream and jam we received in our welcome basket for our first afternoon tea (as we arrived late afternoon/early evening) for breakfast the next morning. My wife does not like tea (how un-English of her) so she had coffee instead. I had the real thing, albeit with no milk in my tea. I find tea better without milk. There is already dairy with the clotted cream, so the milk would be superfluous. Otherwise, I put the cream before the jam, as I have read this is what they do in Devon, so I respect cream tea orthodoxy.

Anyway, I was looking at the pictures this morning and thought it would have made for a nice Sunday breakfast today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are the best looking scones, yummo!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like my tea clear too. I didn't know the cream was supposed to go before the jam on the scone! I do it in reverse like a true colonial, I guess!

Rachel Lucas said...

Jam first is how they do it in Cornwall, Debra! And if you put black treacle on instead of jam it's called Thunder & Lightning! Looks lovely, Guillaume. We adore Devon as my husband grew up there.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love clotted cream. i wonder why it has never caught on in the US.

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting!