Wednesday 24 December 2014

Troll the ancient Yuletide carol

I know I uploaded Deck the Halls before, and this very decoration we bought in Sweden.But I love the carol because of its Pagan imagery and this is one of my favourite Christmas tree decorations. I find the decoration and the song mixing well together, even though the carol is originally from Wales. For me, all I can see when I hear it is Vikings cutting wood and decoration their halls with mistletoe, and drinking and eating in excess. I tried to find a good version on YouTube, I don't think I was nearly as lucky as last time. But here it is anyway, because it is time to troll the ancient Yuletide carol.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

One of my favourite carols too! In fact, I was just singing it in the shower yesterday. Probably more info than you really need, LOL!

Mantan Calaveras said...

Merry Yuletide Guillaume!