Sunday 7 December 2014

The Monstrous Manual online

This is a great moment for the geek and nostalgic in me: I found online the complete Monstrous Manual of the 2nd edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I am not 100% certain of the website is 100% legal, but as this edition has been discontinued for some time, I don't think there is any harm in its existence. My brothers and I never had the full Monstrous Manual, not in one volume, as it used to be sold (see the left-hand side image). We had various volumes of the Monstrous Compendium. TSR made us spend a good bit of money on these ones. That was before the internet, when you now can find pretty much everything of the old stuff online. Going through the entries, it reminds me the good old days when we could play every weekend. And of the many stories we could invented with various monsters, sometimes on a whim. Now I play D&Dr once a year, at Christmas. But reading these entries, it allows me to revisit these old memories and daydream about what we could do with these monsters, many used, some never really exploited to their full potential.

No comments: