Monday 22 December 2014

The accents from home

A little bit of news from me: I am spending the Christmas at home in Chicoutimi, as you might know from my previous post. Within 48 hours, I travelled from the UK to the city where I grow up, in the Northern part of Québec. And it is funny, but as I was getting closer and closer to Québec, from the gate in Heathrow, I could hear Québec accents. It is one of the little pleasures of coming back home: familiar voices, then full on familiar environment. And from the morning in Montreal to the journey up North (although we don't say we go up to Chicoutimi or the Saguenay region, we say we go down the river, but I digress), I could hear more and more accents from the Saguenay region. It felt good. And I think even my own accent got stronger.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm glad for you, I wish I could celebrate Christmas back home too!

Anonymous said...

ahh, this is lovely, its beautiful you shared this with you, Happy Holidays to you!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have a wonderful Christmas at home with your family, Guillaume! Savour every moment!