Tuesday 16 December 2014

Jazzy Christmas music

I didn't upload enough music recently, so I thought that I would do this tonight. And, while I am old fashioned and traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, to the point of being antique, the song I want to share is a modern one. It is even jazzy. It is from A Charlie Brown Christmas, a timeless classic. The cartoon is a seasonal favorite of mine and it didn't take a wrinkle. It is a beautifully simple Christmas story with great character and perfect atmosphere, which of course the music is a central element. The album is often played at home during the season. So here is one song for you to enjoy.

5 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love this song!

PJ said...

I second the opinion on the whole album, which is in fact one of the top 10 most sold Xmas album (of the last decade I think). So it is both popular and actually good (and like Guillaume, I am a traditionalist when it comes to Xmas music). Vince Guaraldi's brand of jazz is hard to replicate, but it just works.

PJ said...

Oh, and another reason to love the Charlie Brown Christmas album is that it includes an abridged version of Für Elise, which, as Schroeder puts it, is Beethoven Christmas music. Happy Birthday Beethoven!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, the drummer in that original trio was just here in Edmonton playing a gig -- if you want to read an interesting interview with him about that famous recording, just cut and paste this url:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/music/Concert+preview+Revisiting+music+behind+Charlie/10467810/story.html

Anonymous said...

Music is my life. I'm into music. I have a ringtone site that I have developed invites you to visit: https://bestringtonesfree.net/ .This is my favorite ringtone: kill bill ringtone