Wednesday 10 August 2011

Great unknown lines from Italy

The treasures of wit you can find on Facebook, when you have good friends. On Twitter too, I guess, but I don't follow Twitter. My Italian friend (I mentioned her here) put this on her newsfeed recently:

"Per la cena, ho capito qual'è il nostro problema: la carenza di materie prime."

My translation (she can correct me if I'm wrong as she sometimes read this blog) is: "For supper, I understand what is our problem: the lack of prime materials". Which is quite funny, I think. I don't know if it's from her, but I couldn't find the quote anywhere on Google, so it is probably an original thought. it certainly deserves to be a great unknown line. The next one is certainly from her, it's a variation of the first line, but this time in English:

"Some nights it's just a little tragedy standing in front of an empty fridge."

I can relate to this. Pure Italian wisdom. 

1 comment:

PJ said...

Le frigo de notre plus jeune frère est donc souvent une tragédie. Moi j'ai rarement ce problème.