Sunday 8 May 2011

Blessed rain

Yesterday, it got seriously rainy. It was about time, because the early summery weather had been a bit rough to the vegetation and I did not want to get blasé about it. So there was a heavy storm early in the morning, so loud that it woke me up. I got up for a few minutes and went back to bed. Then later on in the evening, it rained heavily again. I don't like rain every time, but I love it fairly often, especially when it falls dramatically and I am inside and dry. I find it calming. In the evening, I opened the bedroom window so I could hear it better while I was reading. I could feel the cold air coming in and the wet smell. It was a moment of pure bliss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is often the simple things in life that bring us the most pleasure. Rain storms is one of them, especially when you are inside, and dry as you mentioned. Its not quite as pleasant when you are waiting under a bush for a bus to come:-)

The Gill-Man said...

Man, I would LOVE some rain about now! We haven't had any significant rainfall in months, and it is a struggle to keep the grass and plants alive at this point. When folks start saying that they wish we'd have a tropical storm in order to get some rain, you KNOW it's a rough drought!

I'm with you, though. I personally love a dramatic, powerful storm if I have no place I have to be. It's quite soothing.

suzanne said...

I would happily share some of my rain if I could. We've had perhaps two days of sunshine out of the past week. And the current bout of rain is expected to last until Thursday. *sigh*

Guillaume said...

@Anonymous-Talking from experience?;-)
@The Gill-Man-It is not good when it gets too dry. There is nothing nicer than a huge storm...when one can stay inside.
£Halloween Spirit-Yes, too much rain is not good either. It can get monotonous. I think it gets unpleasant because one has to go out at some point.