Tuesday 12 October 2021

A Hobgoblin for Halloween

I took this picture back in 2015 and I shared it on Facebook then. I don't think I ever shared it here. It came back asa memory a few days ago. You can recognize I love Wychwood Brewery's Hobgoblin, in a special bottle for Halloween. Because the brewery claims it is the Unofficial Beer of Halloween. And I tend to agree. Or I used to, anyway, until they decided to change the label and not to make a special edition of the bottles and labels for October. To my great sadness. I blogged about it last year, wondering whatever happened to the Hobgoblin. Well, at leastI have my sentimentality to thank for pictures of the old bottles, so I can still share it on this blog for the countdown to Halloween.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Haunted Eve said...

Mr. Haunted Eve here... Your post reminded me many years it has been since I had bought a bottle of Hobgoblin ale from our Western NY area's "Beers of the World" store. I was not aware that they had a special October label in the past, but I do remember a label from Wychwood with a spooky scarecrow on it. I did check out the Wychwood Brewery website and see that they gave all their beer labels a modern graphic design revamp. Your post also brought back my memory of trying Young's Old Nick barleywine ale some 20 odd years ago. I loved the label on the bottle and had to buy and try it, but I just couldn't develop a taste for barleywine, even tried several other brands, but "nope!" Sort of the same with pumpkin ales. Every fall the pumpkin ales come to market with some of the coolest Halloween themed labels and being a sucker for anything Halloween I would buy them and then go "nope!" after pouring a pint year after year until I finally learned to walk past them at the store... and it's not easy to pass by those eye catching Halloween labels!