Saturday 2 October 2021

Dracula, the board game

For today's countdown to Halloween post, I decided to blog again about my favourite horror icon and one of my biggest obsessions: Dracula. I first read it back in 1990, please read my post from 2018 for more details. It was a revelation to me and since then I looked for every piece of literature or derivative products about the character I could find. So one day, I discovered, in one of the role-playing shops I used to go to, a board game based on Dracula, called... The Fury of Dracula. The box was already open, I don't remember its price, but maybe because I suspected it did not have the full content, I did not buy it. I did, however, read the rules quickly and had a look at the boardand pieces. I got very impressed with the gameplay. It was a sort of sequel to the novel and you could play Dr. John Seward, Arthur Holmwood (Lord Godalming) or Pr. Abraham Van Helsing. The setting was Europe and there were different ways, you could use various weaponsseen in the novel and everything looked nice and it seemed to be quite an atmospheric game. But I did not buy it and to this day I regret not finding another board game. I know there has been other editions of the game. I hope to get my hands on one of it.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This is your Holy Grail!

Lady M said...

I hate when I do that - pass up a one of a kind. But I have hopes you'll see it again and perhaps Wolfie will be old enough to play it with you.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i hate it when i pass stuff up and then regret it. sounds like a cool game.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Looks quite intriguing for a late October game night!