Friday 15 October 2021

Reese's for Halloween

For today's countdown to Halloween post, something I found in the local sweet shop. They have lots of Halloween sweets (or candies as Americans call it) and a few classics. I don't know much about Reese's, I mean I had some in the past, but I understand this is a classic for trick or treaters in the US. For me, it tastes like a spoonful of peanut butter, coated in chocolate.I do remember having some from time to time, I ate then dutifully, but otherwise I never felt overly impressed by them. Well, it turned out they invented the most perfect Reese's for Halloween: shaped like a jack o'lantern. In milk or white chocolate varieties. It still tastes like chocolated sweetened peanut butter, but all the same, I could not help but buy them. And I really enjoyed eating them. Because they were shaped like pumpkins.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't seen those jack-o-lantern Reese's here in Canada. They look very cool though!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i just stood here for almost 3 hours making trick or treat bags and they all got those reese's pumpkins along with lots of other treats.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I LOVE Reeses, and especially love their Halloween, Christmas or Easter concoctions. Something about them hit differently. Maybe just more to them.

Lady M said...

Reeses are a much loved Halloween treat here in the US. Enjoy them.