Tuesday 13 July 2021

The football at the door

You must all know the news now, that England lost to Italy in the final game of Euro 2020. I don't follow football, I never managed to enjoy watching it, so I did not care much, but it created a lot of hope and enthusiasm around here, including in this household (my wife only watches football when England is playing) and in the end, disappointment. I could even say sorrow. But I have a little anecdote about it: when we got out for our daily walk on Sunday, there was this football in our front garden. I took it as a good omen: it's coming home, so to speak. Probably a neighbour thought it belonged to Wolfie, instead of the little boy a bit older than him who lives a few doors away and tend to leave his toys in communal area. I kicked it away by the net that was nearby. When England lost, my wife said I should have brought it in so it could work its magic. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I see, England's loss is all YOUR fault then!