Monday 19 July 2021

When Summer is Hell

So far, we'd had a fairly cool summer, a bearable one and I was counting my blessings. But of course, you can't have what I would call a nice summer, i.e. a summer that does not feel too summery, forever. Since last Friday and moreso during the weekend today, we've been having scorching heat. Now is the time for discomfort: I feel like I'm covered in swet, then I feel sticky due to suncream and I bloody hate eerything about now. French poet Arthur Rimbaud wrote a poem called Une Saison en Enfer (A Season in Hell). Well, right now it is my season  in Hell.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

welcome to my world. now try cooking in it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We've just come through a two-week heat wave and now we're blanketed in smoke from forest fires in BC.