Saturday 10 July 2021

Very early sign of autumn?

A few evenings ago, as I was going out to buy some stuff, I saw these leaves in an alley of bushes. They had already changed colours. I was very surprised. It has been a fairly cool summer so far, with a week of heatwave at the most, but we're only in July and autumn is still a long way down the road. I know I should not get my hopes up, that it might just be a freak accident, but it I can't help it. Every summer I get dreary, worrying I might feel barbecued. Now it is... well, almost nice. And then, there are these leaves, reminding me that my favourite season will come.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

be still my heart! it is coming. my oakleaf hydrangeas look like those leaves which is very early for them. does this mean we will have an early autumn? one can only hope!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Keep a happy thought!