Thursday 8 July 2021

The milk option

We are preparing Wolfie's first year at school these days. Yes, time goes way too quickly and yes, I freak out when I think about it. But anyway, I learned recently that for lunch and snack, the school he will going to provides an optional glass of milk, for a small extra fee. Wolfie coul either drink milk or water. We are not certain what to decide. While I think milk is an abomination in tea, I love it by itself and I grew up on milk, both at home and at school. I know humans should not drink as much milk as we do, but I nevertheless associate it with a good source of calcium and proteins. Sure, milk is in essence barbaric, but isn't childhood a barbaric age and a time for wild  anarchy? Now Wolfie has never been a big milk drinker at home, generally he just have sips of mine, as a special moment he shares with daddy, but he seems quite keen to have a glass of milk at school, for some reason, to his parents' surprise. Maybe I am old-fashioned and traditionalist, but I am tempted to pay for the milk option.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i grew up drinking lots of milk with every meal. go for it wolfie!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The more milk you drink in childhood, the better your bones will be throughout life. Now is the time to drink milk!