Saturday 24 July 2021

Hoping for a Storm

 I don't like the heat of the summer and I am getting quite fed up with it. There is one thing I still genuinely love about summertime and it's a good thunderstorm. I was waiting for one a month ago, it didn't happen. Recently, there's been a few alerts on the BBC in our region and elsewhere in England, forecasting heavy storms. So far they missed us. I cannot wait for it, as it would cool down the temperature overall. And it will look gorgeous. It might happen today, although we are going out to see some friends, so it might not be the best time for us. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for, but all the same, I can't help but hoping for a thunderstorm.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We had a DOOZY of a thunderstorm here not too long ago. It was very welcome relief from the heat!