Sunday 18 July 2021

The quest for new clothes

This title might sound dramatic, but this is exactly how I feel it is going to be very soon. A bit of context first: it struck me yesterday that my jeans were getting seriously worned out. I bought my last pair in 2019, it feels like eons ago already. Generally speaking, I need to buy a new pair of jeans every year or so. For PJs, it is every three years or so, sometimes more. I don't like to go clothes shopping and with the pandemic I was lucky enough in that regard: my clothes didn't get used nearly as much (hence the two years gap) and I didn't have to look presentable in society because misanthropy was de rigueur. But now there is no way I can avoid it: I will need to buy new jeans ad probably a few other stuff. I am dreading it. Even though the government will lift many restrictions by tomorrow, I'd rather be careful, for one, and well, I don't hate clothes shopping any less after a year of avoiding shopping centres. So I might just make mypurchases online, even though I prefer to try before I buy. It will do wonders to my peace of mind, if nothing else, and surely as long as I know my size (obviously this may have changed within a year), things should be all right.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck! I hope you find everything you need!