Sunday 4 July 2021

The BBC is talking about the Habs

I seldom blog about sports, but those who also read my blog in French know that I have been blogging about hockey recently, more than ever blog about it before and that I ever blogged about other sports, all put together. So anyway, although they are now struggling and it looks that they will not win the Stanley Cup this year, the Montreal Canadiens have done very well this year, enough to get into the finals for the first time in 28 years. I have always been a Habs fan, although I havefor long stopped following hockey, so I am very happy about this (or rather I was until they ran short of whatever had made them successful this year). Their status as the NHL's new Cinderella team got some attention this side of the pond, where I saw yesterday a BBC article about them. I am always happy when things like that happen. Sadly, I think it won't be this year, but all the same, just in case, from this Montreal expat: Go Habs Go!

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, the Habs were going great guns until they ran into Tampa Bay, alas. Tampa Bay could win the Stanley Cup in Monday's game. My sister has a theory that the Canadiens will win that game, however, because Tampa will throw it so they can win the Cup at home in Florida before their adoring fans on Wednesday night. We'll see if she's proven right.