Thursday 15 April 2021

Fedora, the cocktail

Well, I knew about the hat, which I have been wanting to buy for a while, but I have learned recently that the fedora is also a cocktail. Never mind how I know for now. I checked on Google and the recipes seem to vary a fair bit: some have whiskey, some have Bourbon, etc. I guess the cocktail itself is a tad obscure, or maybe I am wrong. I don't know how the original, "proper" fedora should be made of, but in this blog post it gives you a recipe dating back from 1888. Have you drank a fedora, in one form or another? Not that I am really into cocktails (I prefer beer and I drink my spirits straight), but I am curious about this one.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never heard of this cocktail, much less had one. I went to that blog link -- interesting history, photos and recipes of "The Fedora." And now I know where that distinctive name comes from!