Wednesday 28 April 2021

I bought Lovecraft Country for £6.66

The title says it all and I kid you not: I bought Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff for the precise sum of £6.66. Actually, I do kid you, but only a little: it got cheaper than that, that said at some point it was reduced to the number of the beast and it struck me that I would have bought it at 666. I am sure it was intentional. I can't wait to read it. I started watching the TV series last year, but had to stop due to a lack of time.Anyway, I love the horror stories of H.P. Lovecraft, in spite of his racism and his antisemitism. Now I will be able to enjoy it in a work that also addresses Lovecraft's most deplorable traits. I always make sure I read some of Lovecraft's mythos, either his direct work or the work of his continuators, in my countdown to Halloween reads which I start in August. As it's going to be Walpurgis Night very soon, the countdown to the countdown to Halloween, I might start reading the novel then. Surely it is allowed to be in a spooky mood already.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The perfect price!

Sue Bursztynski said...

I’ve read the book, but haven’t seen the series. However, I can tell you that the book was great fun, not as scary as you might think from the title. The scariest bits were because of humans, not monsters. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.