Saturday 10 April 2021

What I've been missing from the bookshop

On the 12th of April, so very soon the bookshops will reopen. For the occasion, I am sharing again a meme by Books Are My Bag. It is not because the lockdown is being lifted that I will rush into every business that will reopen, but I intend to go back to the local bookshop as soon as possible. I have been missing a lot from bookshops, some of them are listed on this image: discovering a book I didn't know existed, the smell of books, the process of choosing browsing for ages (I guess this will not be so long anymore, not until things are truly back to normal) and leaving with a new book in my bag. You know how satisfying this feeling must be. I read far too little and far too slowly these days, but I intend to correct this as well. Let's hope the reopening of bookshops will make me refocus and make me a binge reader again.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I miss browsing about in bookshops too. Always a pleasure!