Sunday 11 April 2021

A squadron of toy planes

It is my birthday soon and I have been looking for present suggestions to give my wife. I don't know why, maybe it is because as the father of a little boy I live a second childhood through and with him, maybe it is just me being nostalgic, but I have been eager to get old classic toys. I thought yesterday of the old foam army planes my brothers and I used to play with. They were very cheap things and never lasted long. Two years ago, we bought a fancier one for my father-in-law, with some kind of elastic to make it fly. Wolfie really enjoyed flying it with his daddad. Although, just like the toy planes of my childhood, it quickly got damaged. I found on AMazon these cheap toy planes (and I do mean cheap: £1.89 for 12). They are apparently modeled after classic WWII engines. They are not as fancy as the ones we bought for my father-in-law, but they would do nicely to play outside with Wolfie.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You'll have fun together with those!