Saturday 24 April 2021

The family tank

You may remember that Wolfie told me there was a secret present for my birthday? Turned out the secret present was the toy tank I really wanted. Way cooler in fact than the one my childhood friend had back in the days. As I expected, my mum thinks it is a tad violent for a toy (one of the reasons why I did not receive one as a child). But my father-in-law thinks it is very educational and will feed Wolfie's imagination (besides, his own father, my wife's granddad, was a WWII veteran and did travel by tank from time to time, so for him it's just another sort of vehicle). And as I expected, Wolfie adores it and it is as much my tank than his. In fact, it is a family tank and father and son have already played with it together a lot. We started moments after unwrapping the presents. I will repeat what I said before: having a boy when you are a father allows you to live a second childhood. Anyway, this is just very cool.

3 comments:

PJ said...

“À quoi ça sert un tank?”

jaz@octoberfarm said...

cool tank. i would like that too!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, you're a happy man now!